The Monument stands at the junction of Monument Street and Fish Street Hill in the City of London.
Several incidents have taken place at the Monument during the passage of the years, some amusing, some daring and some tragic.
The Monument has undergone frequent repair and redecoration. In May 1834 it was completely renovated and the gilt-bronze urn at the top re-gilded
Sir Christopher Wren prepared several designs for the Monument and the selection and approval of his final design was made after careful consideration of…
As ultimately carried out, the Monument is of the Doric order and constructed in Portland Stone.